About Alison

A feisty mother earth type, who has an opinion about everything I would like to think I use my "chopsy" attitude to throw some light and perhaps a new slant on current social and cultural issues.

Since I moved to the country for a quiet life I have been lucky enough to create a more healthy more relaxed environment for myself. I love country life, Family, Friends, Horses and Dogs. I also love, photography, writing/chatting and connecting with others.

Please have a look at a collection of my photos blog,

http://i-clickphotos.blogspot.co.uk/

or join in on my chats here or on my otherblog

http://talesofamiddleagednovice.blogspot.co.uk/

which follows my efforts to learn to ride and care for horses in my 50s! or just follow me on Twitter and I will follow you back (if you are a real person) on @alisonbarton1. Enjoy and talk to me.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Hello kettles on!

We can chat about health matters, the environment get serious about man's cruelty to their fellow man and dangers facing the earth. Hopefully though we can keep a sense of fun ,listen and talk. I am a woman of a certain age,don't go there, age is all a state of mind. Some days I feel a hundred and some days I behave like I'm  Twelve so how old I actually am is immaterial.


I am a mother, a wife, sister and having lost both parents I describe myself as an adult orphan. Having siblings and siblings-in-law I also have nephews, nieces. I am lucky to still have Aunts and Uncles. I have good friends who I have known for the best part of thirty years and some new ones. I acquired the new ones moving down to the Forest of Dean from the midlands just over a year ago.


I care- I care about most things but try not to loose sleep over matters and try to remember that  prayer, sometimes I don't recall it accurately but its something like:


Give us the grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed, Courage
to change the things which should be changed,
And the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

(From "The Serentiy Prayer" by Elisabeth Sifton)



Its a pretty good rule of thumb don't you think?


I haven't always been so balanced and have been known to get myself in a state and that could happen again! But the wise bit of me thinks if you really want to do any good you have to keep the prayer in mind, you are no good to anybody having a melt down or wasting energy on lost causes.


Whats a lost cause I hear you ask, well that's the trick isn't it? knowing. 


That's enough for now I'm interested in hearing from anybody who wants to pull up a chair and have a chin wag, change the world or cry on my shoulder. Parting thought provided by James Taylor "the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time...... its such a lovely ride!!
best wishes Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I am really interested in your comments so let me know what you think and I will get back to you if you want me to. Thanks for reading
Alison xx